10 Best Hernia Surgery Hospitals In India
- The term hernia refers to an abnormal exit of a tissue mass through the normal cavity, inside which the tissue remains typically in our body.
- Usual risk factors are smoking, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pregnancy, obesity, previous appendectomy, collagen vascular disease or dialysis.
- Almost 27% of men develop hernia, and 3% of women develop hernia at some or the other point of their lives.
- Groin hernias are astonishingly more common before one year of age or after 50 years of age. Apart from a bulge, some people often complain of pain when hernia occurs.
- Often treatment of inguinal, femoral, umbilical, incision, diaphragmatic and other types of hernia include truss technique, surgery following appropriate recovery.
- Truss technique is the use of a specific type of surgical appliance (pad and a belt) to support the herniated area.
- Laparoscopic surgery is the best surgery type for rectifying hernias present in the body.
- Mostly one can return home within one day of surgery and can lead a completely normal life post that point.
- Hernia repair is considered a cheap process, and you can get it done within 10,000 rupees.
Some of the best facilities for surgery, truss and aftercare are provided by the below-mentioned hospitals.
Best hospitals for Hernia Repair
Some of the best hospitals for hernia repair are being suggested below.
1. Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
The surgery department has the latest technologies for conducting the laparoscopic correction of hernia. Laparoscopic surgery is also known as key-hole surgery or minimally invasive surgery and is quite successfully performed in the hospital for all kinds of hernia.
Patients can leave the hospital in a day when receiving this kind of surgery.
Address: 15 Dr Deshmukh Marg, Pedder Road, G Deshmukh Marg, Kemps Corner, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026.
Phone Number: 022 66573200
2. Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
The hospital successfully performs repair for all the hernia types like inguinal, umbilical, hiatal or femoral hernia.
The doctors in the surgery department are quite confident when performing laparoscopic corrections and a surgical mesh is applied at the site where the intestines enter the inguinal canal.
Address: Sector 51, Gurugram, Haryana 122001
Phone Number: 0124 4511111
3. BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
The surgery unit of BLK Super Speciality Hospital is exceptionally well equipped to undergo the hernia repair surgery. The recurrence rate of hernia after hernia repair, done in this hospital is considerably low.
Doctors, here can perform both forms of hernia repair- open and laparoscopic hernia repair surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery is slightly more expensive due to the increased cost of operating room-time.
Address: Pusa Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
Phone Number: 011 30403040
4. Apollo Hospital, Chennai
The hospital is well equipped for such a simple procedure as hernia repair. Usually, open surgeries and laparoscopic surgeries are dealt differently. Post-surgery recovery rate is almost 100% after hernia repair.
Complications from this surgery are also significantly less when compared to many other places.
Address: No. 21, Greams Lane, Off. Greams Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006
Phone Number: 044 28290200
5. Nehru Memorial Techno Global Hospital, Kolkata
Nehru Memorial Techno Global Hospital caters to the needs of patients from Eastern India. Hernia repair is widespread, and almost 100% efficiency is reached in patients. Post-op remission rate is excellent and only 1% of patients return to the hospital with further complaints after hernia repair.
Address: 6 Barasat Road, Lalkuthi, Barrackpore, Opp. Lalkuthi Telephone Exchange, Barrackpur Cantonment, Kolkata, West Bengal - 700120
Phone Number: 033 66303030
6. Indus hospital, Shimla
Hernia repair surgery is efficiently conducted in this hospital. The hospital symbolizes quality treatment for the patients, and this surgery is performed efficiently in the hospital. The hospital is quite a standard facility and efficiently manages the post-op aftercare facility. It is a chain of hospitals present in northern India.
Address: Indus Hospital Indus Drive, Mount Jakhoo, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh - 171002
Phone Number: +911772841401
7. Medanta Hospital Ranchi
The hospital takes up hernia repair surgery, and almost every patient who comes here with the complaint goes back satisfied with the treatment and surgical facilities available for hernia patients in the hospital.
Laparoscopic surgery is correctly performed in the hospital, aside open surgeries to cure hernia.
Address: P.O.: Irba, P.S: Ormanjhi, National Highway 33, Ranchi, Jharkhand 835217
Phone Number: +91 651 712 3100
8. Aster Medicity, Kochi
Aster Medicity Kochi is one of the facilities where the diagnostic tests, surgery facilities and aftercare of hernia repair is efficiently performed within the hospital premise. The gastroenterology department of the Aster Medicity hospital is fully equipped for complete care of patients who undergo hernia repair surgery in the hospital.
Address: Kuttisahib Road, Cheranelloor, South Chittoor, Kochi, Kerala 682027
Phone Number: +91 484 66 99 999
9. Fortis Hospital, Bangalore
Like any other standard hospital, Fortis Bangalore can competently handle hernia repair procedure.
The hospital has ultrasonography, C.T. scan and MRI procedure to detect the hernia when the diagnosis is not visible.
Address: 14, Cunningham Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560052
Contact: 080 41994444
10. Medicover Hospitals Madhapur, Hyderabad
Medicover is a chain of hospitals in southern India and is part of Europe’s Healthcare Group and provides expert care to patients who arrive at the hospital for hernia repair.
The hospital is proficient in different forms of surgery and hernia repair, its diagnosis, rectification and post-care are quite successfully handled by the hospital.
Address: Behind Cyber Towers, IBIS Hotels Lane, Hitec City, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500081
Contact: 040 6833 4455
To conclude, we would say that anyone suffering from hernia can quickly get rid of the condition by either a repair and in case you do not want to conduct a surgery immediately you can try a Truss technique for some days.
This is true, a small procedure and will take a few weeks to recover completely. During the first few days, you might be instructed to abstain from heavy exercise and lifting weights. Visit one of the hospitals mentioned above for confident relief from the condition.
Follow the instructions for quick healing, and then in some days, you can completely forget your pain and discomfort.