7 Best Lasik Eye Surgery Centers in India
- Lasik eye surgery has made eyeglasses passé. For who would not want to flaunt their eyes out in the open? I am sure all of us would like to get rid of the cage our eyes have to be continuously in, no matter how stylishly we wear them, we still aspire to be free from them.
- Lasik eye surgery has given hope to millions who suffer from myopia (nearsightedness), astigmatism (refractive error of the eye), &hypermetropia (farsightedness), even presbyopia (insufficiency of eyes due to ageing) in some cases.
- However, any correction or surgery if not required, should not be undertaken, so goes the adage. Like all other surgeries, even this one has its limitations and involved risks.
- Dry eyes, halos, ocular neuropathic pain and subconjunctival hemorrhage, are some of the non-serious adverse effects of Lasik surgery.
- However, flapped discs, higher-order aberrations, uveitis, slipped flap, retinal detachment, Choroidal neovascularization (CNV) and tendencies of depression and suicide (less commonly observed) in patients can be seen as more severe expressions of risks from the surgery.
- Thus, "if not required, do not attempt it" is the apparent suggestion good hospitals and doctors would provide you. However, if it becomes mandatory at some point in your life, do make sure you choose from some excellent hospitals where doctors can prevent corneal thinning in the best possible way during the surgery.
- Generally, 25-40 years is the apt age to undergo Lasik eye surgery even though the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) has approved Lasik eye surgery for patients 18 years of age and above in the United States. Doctors generally not suggest it below 25 years of age except in special cases.
- Vision correction also does not mean that you will never need glasses or lenses again. This is a myth and instead what is more appropriate to say in this regard, is that your numbers going forth might not be so high as they used to be before.
- If you are pregnant or already have thin cornea or lot of vision change prescriptions, do not attempt Lasik eye surgery. Once your power stabilizes and you do not have any power changes for six months or above, only then try a Lasik eye surgery after thorough consultation with your ophthalmologist.
So, without any further delay, let us find out which hospitals can tackle the surgery well in our country. Below we have listed seven best hospitals for Lasik eye surgery in India.
Foremost Hospitals for Lasik Eye Surgery
Some of the best hospitals where the care provided to patients during/after surgery is worth applauding are being listed below.
1. Sankara Nethralaya
If you wish to avail the latest LASIK eye surgery in India, then you could opt for Sankara Nethralaya. You can have a corneal assessment, expert counselling, pre-and post-operative customized care and even prompt follow up care.
Types of laser vision correction surgeries available at Sankara Nethralaya comprises of LASIK (Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis), Femto LASIK, PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy), Epi LASIK (Epithelial Laser-Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis), and Wavefront-guided LASIK.
Address: No. 41 (old 18), College Road, Chennai 600 006, Tamil Nadu, India.
Contact Number: +91-44-4227 1500, +91-44-2827 1616
2. Retina Foundation and Eye Research Center
Retina Foundation is a well-reputed centre for undergoing a LASIK eye surgery. They are providing eye care facilities since 1976 and is a pioneer in Vitreo Retinal diseases.
Equipped with modern facilities and an expert panel of ophthalmologists and eye surgeons, the Retina Foundation is the best resort for any eye complains as they have a wide range of treatment and care facilities available.
Address: Near the Under bridge, Old Raj Bhavan Road, Shahi Baug, Ahmedabad - 380 004, Gujarat, India.
Contact Number: +91 - 99786 81609
3. Asian Eye Institute & Laser Centre – Mumbai
Asian Eye Institute & Laser Centre offers an excellent opportunity to undergo LASIK eye surgery and treatment in Mumbai under the guidance of Dr Hitesh Chheda.
Patients with myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism can get their vision corrected at this facility to a great degree of precision. BASIC, Customized (Wavefront guided), and BLADE LESS LASIK surgeries are conducted at this facility.
Address: 1st Floor, Satyanarayana Apartment, Off M.G. Road, Opp G.H. High School, Borivali East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400066.
Contact Number: 022 2894 0598
4. Acuvision Eye Hospital, Eye Clinic in Khar
Acuvision is another reliable and reputed centre for LASIK eye surgery and other comprehensive eye care solutions. Advanced technologies, digitalized machines, and a team of expert ophthalmologists help rectify a lot of eye problems.
Address: Amba Sadan Bldg, 2nd Floor, Opp Khatwari Darbar / Guess Showroom, 325, Linking Road, Khar (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400052.
Contact Number: 022 2605 9443
5. Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
This multi-speciality hospital also has an ophthalmology centre where patients suffering from myopia, hypermetropia, or astigmatism can undergo laser vision correction.
Besides this, Artemis Hospital's ophthalmology department also offers other solutions to rectify power and vision-related problems in patients such as Phaco with Multifocal IOL surgery and Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) surgery.
Address: Sector 51, Gurugram, Haryana - 122001
Contact Number: +91 124 4511 111
6. Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre
A centre with complete eye care facilities, Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre, is another trusted place to get your vision rectified with modern solutions and surgical treatments.
Diagnostic machines like Oculyzer II (known as Pentacam- HR) and Topolyzer Vario are used for analysing the eye. The department performs refractive corrections and surgeries like bladeless LASIK, PRK (photorefractive eye surgery), ICL (implantable contact lens), CLE (Clear lens extraction) with Trifocal IOL (Trifocal intraocular lenses) and even facilitates advanced Contoura Vision (USFDA (United States Food and Drugs Administration) approved eye laser for specs removal).
Address: 5, Near Central Bank of India, Babulnath Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007
Contact Number: 022 2367 1011
7. Maxivision Super Speciality Eye Hospital
With 25 years of experience, Maxvision Eye Hospital offers a range of fixes for refractive eye errors (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism) such as LASIK/PRK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis /Photorefractive keratectomy), Custom LASIK, ICL (implantable Collamer lens), SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction), and Presbyopic Laser treatments.
Address: 1-11-252/1A-1D Aladdin Mansion, Near Shoppers Stop, Street Number 3, Begumpet, Hyderabad, 500 016, Telangana
Contact Number: 9390110000
So, now that you are aware of which hospitals can help you the best possible way, choose your hospital wisely. Lasik eye surgery should not be attempted as soon as you get your lenses.If there is something else that you would want to add, please drop your comments in the box below.