- Dr. B L Kapur, an eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, set up a Charitable Hospital in 1930 at Lahore. In 1947, he moved to post-partition India and set up a Maternity Hospital at Ludhiana. In 1956 on the invitation of the then Prime Minister, Dr. B L Kapur initiated the project for setting up a 200 bed hospital in Delhi.
- Dr. B L Kapur, an eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, set up a Charitable Hospital in 1930 at Lahore. In 1947, he moved to post-partition India and set up a Maternity Hospital at Ludhiana. In 1956 on the invitation of the then Prime Minister, Dr. B L Kapur initiated the project for setting up a 200 bed hospital in Delhi. The hospital was inaugurated by the Prime Minister, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on 2nd January, 1959.
- By 1984, when the hospital celebrated its Silver Jubilee, it was an expanding hospital well on its way to becoming Delhiâ€™s premier multispecialty institute. Services offered included General Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dentistry, Pulmonology, Intensive Care and Orthopedics, apart from mother & child care.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital has a unique combination of the best in class technology, put to use by the best names in the professional circles to ensure world-class health care to all patients. Spread on five acres of land, with a capacity of 650 beds, BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in the country, BLK has consistently ranked amongst the Top 10 Multi Super Specialty Hospitals in Delhi NCR. The outpatient services are spread on two floors with 60 consultation rooms. All ambulatory services have been designed with intent to create dedicated aides for all specialities, with their interventional services in close vicinity. Therefore, whether it is the proximity of diagnostic services and blood bank to the emergency or one of the best Endoscopy suites to ensure timely and efficient services, the infrastructure speaks volumes about BLK's commitment to 'PASSION FOR HEALING'.
- The hospital has 17 state-of-the-art well equipped modular operation theatres with three stage air filtration and gas scavenging system to ensure patient safety. All the Operation Theatres are fitted with best in class pendants, operating lights, anaesthesia work stations and advanced information management system.
- The Hospital has one of the biggest critical care programmes in the region with 125 beds in different intensive care units viz Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Paediatrics, Neonatology, Neurosciences and Organ Transplant. All critical care beds are in the close vicinity of the Operation Theatre complex for easy accessibility and continuity of care. Each Critical care unit is equipped with high end patient monitoring devices, ventilators and dedicated isolation rooms. Facilities for haemodialysis, CRRT, SLED, endoscopy and bronchoscopy are available 24X7 by the bedside.
- Liver and Renal Transplant Centres have been equipped with dedicated ICUs with individual hepafilters, specialized instruments and equipments, Veno-venous bypass system and dedicated anaesthesia equipment.
- The Hospital has specialized birthing suites with telemetric foetal monitors to follow the progression of labor, and also the facility for the family to stay with the patient during the labor. A dedicated operation theatre adjacent to the labour room helps in shortening the response time in case there is a need to conduct the delivery through surgical means.
- The Hospital's advanced Building Management System provides for multi-tiered access control, electronic security systems with integrated CCTVs spanning across the facility and advanced fire management system amongst other utilities. The Hospital is the first in NCR to install and start using automatic pneumatic chute system to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of health care delivery.
- The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled, with the vision of the Hospital becoming the first truly paper-less healthcare facility in the country. BLK has top of the line Hospital Information System (HIS) system which is seemingly connected across outpatient, inpatient and diagnostic areas. The system has facility for contemporary electronic medical records (EMR) with remote-accessibility enabling ongoing consultation to patients from distance as well.
Team & specialisation
GI & Bariatric Surgery
Starting from $2,000
Starting from $2,700
Starting from $4,100
Starting from $5,300
Starting from $5,500
Starting from $7,000
Number Of Beds
No Of Surgeon
10 Best Bypass Surgery Hospitals in India
Heart bypass surgery is used to improve the blood flow into the heart. A surgeon usually would take blood vessels from another area of the body and would graft it in the blocked blood vessel. The best part, however, is the wonderful treatment facilities available in the country. India hosts some of the best cardiac surgery hospitals.
Usually, bypass surgeries can be of four types- single, double, triple & quadruple types.
When an obstruction is built in the arterial walls, lesser and lesser amount of blood flows into and out of the heart, and this obstruction (plaque) keeps growing. This obstructive disease is known as coronary artery disease (CAD) or atherosclerosis.
Let us immediately browse you through the different well-equipped cardiac institutes that can help you from losing your loved ones to this relatively simple disease of modern times.
Most efficient bypass surgery hospitals in India
Some of the best heart surgery hospitals in India include,
1. Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai
Asian Heart Institute in Mumbai is one of the best treatment centres for bypass surgery patients. The hospital has completed 18000 bypass surgeries so far, and the success rate of these cardiac surgeries is 99.83%.
Address: G / N Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400 051, Maharashtra, India.
Contact: 022 6698 6666
2. Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, Delhi
The hospital can admit almost 500 patients at a single time. Medical facilities are at par with the International standards. It is known to be the best hospital for heart surgery in India and has some of the best in-house cardiologists.
They have ECMO (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) therapy for heart & lung failure patients. Electrophysiological studies, 3 Tesla, 256 slice-CT (computed tomogram) scanner and other diagnostic technologies are also available in the hospital, which helps in better diagnosis and hence better treatment.
Address: 1, 2, Press Enclave Road, Mandir Marg, Saket, Delhi - 110017
Contact: 011 2651 5050
3. PGIMER Chandigarh
The advanced cardiac centre is a 210 bedded cardiac centre which began in 2009. The centre has a 46 bedded cardiac surgery and coronary care unit. It has three wholly equipped cardiac cath labs with coronary angioplasty facilities.
The centre has four operation theatres with modular designs. These operation theatres are equipped for performing cardiothoracic surgeries in adults as well as children. The centre is well equipped with proper diagnostic techniques & facilities.
The centre is conducting 1500 cardiac surgeries every year.
Address: Sector 12, opposite Punjab University, Chandigarh 160012
Contact: 0172 275 5569
4. The Wockhardt Heart Institute, Mumbai
The Heart Institute is a unique 350 bedded hospital. It is a separate unit within the hospital and looks exclusively into the management of cardiac disorders. It has a 100 bedded ICU (Intensive Care Unit). There is a separate department to carry out the electrophysiological studies in the hospital.
Address: 1877, Doctor Anandrao Nair Marg, Near Agripada Police Station, Mumbai Central East, Mumbai 400011.
Phone: 082911 01001
5. BLK Heart Center, Delhi
The BLK Heart Center, Delhi is a facility that is the largest tertiary care facility in the current times. It is one of the most competent heart bypass surgery hospitals in India, which was established to take care of heart patients. It gets patients from the Middle East nations, Afghanistan, Maldives and even from Europe.
It is a 24-bed intensive coronary care unit. There are very distinct & different facilities for treating heart failure, hypertension and arrhythmic disorders.
Community Heart Awareness & Prevention Program (CHAPP) of the heart centre creates awareness about the cardiac issues across the entire country.
Address: BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi-110005
Contact: +91-11-3065 3888
6. Continental Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Hyderabad
Continental Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Hyderabad is part of the Parkway Pantai group. It has multiple hospitals across the country. The Continental Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences is the department that looks after the cardiac issues of patients. Medical expertise and modern technology have provided the institution with a highly reliable position in the country when it comes to cardiac care.
The hospital takes pride in possessing the first high definition CT (computed tomogram) scan technology.
Address: Continental Hospital Plot No. 3, Road No. 2, IT & Financial District, Nanakramguda, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana – 500035.
Phone: 040 6700 0000
7. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
The cardiology wing was established in 1982. It has served many patients since the time of its inception. The hospital has a dedicated 200-bed facility for cardiovascular surgeries and cardiology unit as a whole. There are 2 ICU (intensive care units) with seven fully equipped operation theatres.
The hospital has some of the best doctors and facilities for carrying out bypass surgeries in patients. Most of the patients find good economic amenities while visiting the hospital for bypass surgeries. Loaded with medical facilities and technologies, the hospital aims to treat a maximum number of patients and caters to the need of the economically challenged community of the country.
Address: Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029
Contact: +91-11-26588500 / 26588700
8. Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore
The government of Karnataka owns this institute. It is an autonomous body and caters to the need for cardiac patients from all subdivisions of the society. It is a 600-bed hospital that is equipped with 5 Cath Labs, seven operational theatres, round the clock services and non-invasive labs.
The institute has good facilities when it comes to taking care of cardiac patients.
Address: Jayanagar 9th Block, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore - 560069
Contact: 080 2297 7260
9. Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore
CMCH Vellore is one of the pioneer institutes capable of giving you art-of-life care facilities when it comes to the cardiac research centre. There are elaborate arrangements for cardiac patients who visit the hospital both domestic and international places. The hospital has performed some of the most critical cardiac surgeries and numerous successful bypass surgeries in the past.
Address: IDA Scudder Rd, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004.
Contact: 0416 228 1000
10. Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune
It is one of the oldest medical facilities in Pune. The cardiac centre is the second-largest heart care centre in India. Often families with patients suffering from cardiac issues and congenital heart diseases visit the hospital.
The clinic is equipped with three advanced cath labs and four fully equipped operation theatres for cardiac surgeries. A record number of bypass surgeries have been done by the cardiologists practising in Ruby Hall.
Address: 40, Sassoon Road, Pune, Maharashtra – 411001
Contact: 020 2616 3391
To conclude, whenever you have some cardiac issues to address, these few places mentioned above can undoubtedly help you immensely. Choose any of these places according to your budget. All of them are well equipped to help you in every possible way to address bypass surgery issues.
10 Best Liver Transplant Centers in India
India is one of the most sought after destinations for organ transplant destinations in the world. Here is the list of Top 10 Liver transplant centers in India, which will guide you to find which one is best for you.
The country’s advanced healthcare system, supported by state-of-the-art infrastructure, the latest technology and a trained medical staff, provides a cost-effective option to the patients. These are major reasons why overseas patients prefer medical travel locations such as India for their treatment. They can not only expect a high quality of clinical services, but warm hospitality and a comfortable stay during the procedure.
The top hospitals across various cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and others, offer a comprehensive liver transplant program for domestic and international patients. They have an excellent success rate for liver transplant surgery in India. The benefit of affordable liver transplant prices in India is another lucrative reason for choosing this country.
When you consider getting the liver transplant done in India, there may be many questions that may come in your mind.
This list will answer your related queries and give you an overview of 10 best hospitals in India that perform this surgery with best procedures and techniques.
1. Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram
The Medicity is amongst India’s largest and most renowned multi-super specialty healthcare center with 1250 beds, 29 super specialty units and more than 800 accomplished doctors.
Medanta is renowned for providing world-class service to its patients.
Supported by state-of-art infrastructure, all the departments in the hospital are fully equipped with the cutting-edge technology, modular Operation Theatre and modernized monitoring systems in ICU.
Since the hospital provides a world class liver transplant service at a fraction of the cost of the Western centers, foreign patients regularly travel to the center for liver transplants and other advanced liver surgery.
2. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital -New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a flagship hospital of India’s foremost healthcare groups, the Apollo Group. It is a highly renowned multi-specialty facility that offers tertiary and quaternary care services to domestic and international patients.
The 695 bed hospital is outfitted with the most modern technology for diagnostics as well as therapeutic purposes.
It is the first Hospital in India to perform a Pediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
The hospital has won many national and international accolades, and continues to be one of the top healthcare service providers in India.
3. BLK Super Specialty Hospital - New Delhi
BLK Super Specialty Hospital has a unique combination of the best in class technology, put to use by the best names in the professional circles to ensure world-class health care to all patients.
BLK Institute for Digestive & Liver Diseases provides patient-centric, comprehensive, state-of-the-art care with compassion to patients with GI, Liver, Biliary and Pancreatic diseases under one roof.
It is one of the most advanced centers in Northern India with highly qualified and experienced manpower, Physicians and Surgeons, Critical Care Doctors, Interventional Radiologists, technicians, nurses, other support staff, all dedicated to Gastroenterology and Hepatology for many decades.
4. Artemis Hospital - Gurugram
Artemis Hospital was established in July 2007 by Apollo Tyres Ltd, one of the leading tyre manufacturers in India.
Spread across 9 acres, Artemis is a 400 plus bed; state-of-the-art, multi-specialty hospital located in Gurgaon.
Designed as one of the most advanced hospitals in India, Artemis provides a depth of expertise in the spectrum of advanced medical & surgical interventions, comprehensive mix of inpatient and outpatient services. Artemis is the first JCI & NABH accredited Hospital in Gurgaon.
5. Max Super Specialty Hospital - New Delhi
Max Super Specialty Hospital, is one of the premier names in the healthcare world.
A 500+ bedded facility offers treatment across all medical disciplines and other ancillary services.
A team of highly trained professionals backed by remarkable experience work at Max Hospital to provide effective care and the best clinical outcomes.
This hospital is one the busiest and a very popular destination for liver transplantation in India.
Many patients from overseas chose to come here for their treatment as the outcomes have been phenomenally successful.
6. Primus Super Specialty Hospital - New Delhi
Primus Super Specialty Hospital is a state of the art multi specialty hospital, conveniently located in the heart of India’s capital, New Delhi.
The infrastructure of the hospital and the quiet environment are conducive to faster recovery, health and wellbeing.
With prominent surgeons from across the globe all under one roof, excellent infrastructure and state of art advanced technology, Primus Super Specialty Hospital has set new benchmarks in Medical care.
7. Fortis Memorial Research Institute - Gurugram
Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with an enviable international faculty, reputed clinicians, including super-sub-specialists and specialty nurses, supported by cutting edge technology.
A premium referral hospital, it endeavors to be the Mecca of Healthcare for Asia Pacific and beyond.
8. Aster Medcity - Kochi
Aster Medcity is the first hospital in the world to perform a simultaneous live-donor liver and kidney transplant on a 20-month old toddler weighing just 7 kilograms and simultaneous liver transplants in one-year old identical twins who suffered liver failure due to accidental poisoning - a first-of-its-kind case in the world.
The Integrated Liver Care Unit at Aster Medcity offers highly-advanced services for comprehensive management of complex liver diseases and
Hepato-Pancreato biliary diseases in both adults and children.
9. Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences - Bangalore
The Liver Transplant and HPB surgery team at Narayana Health is among the most experienced in India.
You get the treatment for end-stage liver disease(liver cirrhosis), unresectable liver tumor or metabolic liver disease; meeting the criteria for liver transplant.
The team has extensive experience of doing complex hepatobiliary surgery for both benign and malignant diseases using open and laparoscopic approach. We are a reputed liver transplant hospital in India trusted by patients from India and across the world.
10. Apollo Hospital - Chennai
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road Chennai, the flagship hospital of the Apollo Group was established in 1983.
Revolutionizing the healthcare sector, the hospital has over 60 departments spearheaded by internationally trained doctors, state-of-the-art facilities for various health disorders and cutting-edge medical procedures, that makes it the most preferred destinations for patients from across India and around the globe.