- Dr. B L Kapur, an eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, set up a Charitable Hospital in 1930 at Lahore. In 1947, he moved to post-partition India and set up a Maternity Hospital at Ludhiana. In 1956 on the invitation of the then Prime Minister, Dr. B L Kapur initiated the project for setting up a 200 bed hospital in Delhi.
- Dr. B L Kapur, an eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, set up a Charitable Hospital in 1930 at Lahore. In 1947, he moved to post-partition India and set up a Maternity Hospital at Ludhiana. In 1956 on the invitation of the then Prime Minister, Dr. B L Kapur initiated the project for setting up a 200 bed hospital in Delhi. The hospital was inaugurated by the Prime Minister, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on 2nd January, 1959.
- By 1984, when the hospital celebrated its Silver Jubilee, it was an expanding hospital well on its way to becoming Delhiâ€™s premier multispecialty institute. Services offered included General Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dentistry, Pulmonology, Intensive Care and Orthopedics, apart from mother & child care.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital has a unique combination of the best in class technology, put to use by the best names in the professional circles to ensure world-class health care to all patients. Spread on five acres of land, with a capacity of 650 beds, BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in the country, BLK has consistently ranked amongst the Top 10 Multi Super Specialty Hospitals in Delhi NCR. The outpatient services are spread on two floors with 60 consultation rooms. All ambulatory services have been designed with intent to create dedicated aides for all specialities, with their interventional services in close vicinity. Therefore, whether it is the proximity of diagnostic services and blood bank to the emergency or one of the best Endoscopy suites to ensure timely and efficient services, the infrastructure speaks volumes about BLK's commitment to 'PASSION FOR HEALING'.
- The hospital has 17 state-of-the-art well equipped modular operation theatres with three stage air filtration and gas scavenging system to ensure patient safety. All the Operation Theatres are fitted with best in class pendants, operating lights, anaesthesia work stations and advanced information management system.
- The Hospital has one of the biggest critical care programmes in the region with 125 beds in different intensive care units viz Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Paediatrics, Neonatology, Neurosciences and Organ Transplant. All critical care beds are in the close vicinity of the Operation Theatre complex for easy accessibility and continuity of care. Each Critical care unit is equipped with high end patient monitoring devices, ventilators and dedicated isolation rooms. Facilities for haemodialysis, CRRT, SLED, endoscopy and bronchoscopy are available 24X7 by the bedside.
- Liver and Renal Transplant Centres have been equipped with dedicated ICUs with individual hepafilters, specialized instruments and equipments, Veno-venous bypass system and dedicated anaesthesia equipment.
- The Hospital has specialized birthing suites with telemetric foetal monitors to follow the progression of labor, and also the facility for the family to stay with the patient during the labor. A dedicated operation theatre adjacent to the labour room helps in shortening the response time in case there is a need to conduct the delivery through surgical means.
- The Hospital's advanced Building Management System provides for multi-tiered access control, electronic security systems with integrated CCTVs spanning across the facility and advanced fire management system amongst other utilities. The Hospital is the first in NCR to install and start using automatic pneumatic chute system to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of health care delivery.
- The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled, with the vision of the Hospital becoming the first truly paper-less healthcare facility in the country. BLK has top of the line Hospital Information System (HIS) system which is seemingly connected across outpatient, inpatient and diagnostic areas. The system has facility for contemporary electronic medical records (EMR) with remote-accessibility enabling ongoing consultation to patients from distance as well.
Team & specialisation
GI & Bariatric Surgery
Starting from $2,000
Starting from $2,700
Starting from $4,100
Starting from $5,300
Starting from $5,500
Starting from $7,000
Number Of Beds
No Of Surgeon
10 Best Liver Transplant Centers in India
India is one of the most sought after destinations for organ transplant destinations in the world. Here is the list of Top 10 Liver transplant centers in India, which will guide you to find which one is best for you.
The country’s advanced healthcare system, supported by state-of-the-art infrastructure, the latest technology and a trained medical staff, provides a cost-effective option to the patients. These are major reasons why overseas patients prefer medical travel locations such as India for their treatment. They can not only expect a high quality of clinical services, but warm hospitality and a comfortable stay during the procedure.
The top hospitals across various cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and others, offer a comprehensive liver transplant program for domestic and international patients. They have an excellent success rate for liver transplant surgery in India. The benefit of affordable liver transplant prices in India is another lucrative reason for choosing this country.
When you consider getting the liver transplant done in India, there may be many questions that may come in your mind.
This list will answer your related queries and give you an overview of 10 best hospitals in India that perform this surgery with best procedures and techniques.
1. Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram
The Medicity is amongst India’s largest and most renowned multi-super specialty healthcare center with 1250 beds, 29 super specialty units and more than 800 accomplished doctors.
Medanta is renowned for providing world-class service to its patients.
Supported by state-of-art infrastructure, all the departments in the hospital are fully equipped with the cutting-edge technology, modular Operation Theatre and modernized monitoring systems in ICU.
Since the hospital provides a world class liver transplant service at a fraction of the cost of the Western centers, foreign patients regularly travel to the center for liver transplants and other advanced liver surgery.
2. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital -New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a flagship hospital of India’s foremost healthcare groups, the Apollo Group. It is a highly renowned multi-specialty facility that offers tertiary and quaternary care services to domestic and international patients.
The 695 bed hospital is outfitted with the most modern technology for diagnostics as well as therapeutic purposes.
It is the first Hospital in India to perform a Pediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
The hospital has won many national and international accolades, and continues to be one of the top healthcare service providers in India.
3. BLK Super Specialty Hospital - New Delhi
BLK Super Specialty Hospital has a unique combination of the best in class technology, put to use by the best names in the professional circles to ensure world-class health care to all patients.
BLK Institute for Digestive & Liver Diseases provides patient-centric, comprehensive, state-of-the-art care with compassion to patients with GI, Liver, Biliary and Pancreatic diseases under one roof.
It is one of the most advanced centers in Northern India with highly qualified and experienced manpower, Physicians and Surgeons, Critical Care Doctors, Interventional Radiologists, technicians, nurses, other support staff, all dedicated to Gastroenterology and Hepatology for many decades.
4. Artemis Hospital - Gurugram
Artemis Hospital was established in July 2007 by Apollo Tyres Ltd, one of the leading tyre manufacturers in India.
Spread across 9 acres, Artemis is a 400 plus bed; state-of-the-art, multi-specialty hospital located in Gurgaon.
Designed as one of the most advanced hospitals in India, Artemis provides a depth of expertise in the spectrum of advanced medical & surgical interventions, comprehensive mix of inpatient and outpatient services. Artemis is the first JCI & NABH accredited Hospital in Gurgaon.
5. Max Super Specialty Hospital - New Delhi
Max Super Specialty Hospital, is one of the premier names in the healthcare world.
A 500+ bedded facility offers treatment across all medical disciplines and other ancillary services.
A team of highly trained professionals backed by remarkable experience work at Max Hospital to provide effective care and the best clinical outcomes.
This hospital is one the busiest and a very popular destination for liver transplantation in India.
Many patients from overseas chose to come here for their treatment as the outcomes have been phenomenally successful.
6. Primus Super Specialty Hospital - New Delhi
Primus Super Specialty Hospital is a state of the art multi specialty hospital, conveniently located in the heart of India’s capital, New Delhi.
The infrastructure of the hospital and the quiet environment are conducive to faster recovery, health and wellbeing.
With prominent surgeons from across the globe all under one roof, excellent infrastructure and state of art advanced technology, Primus Super Specialty Hospital has set new benchmarks in Medical care.
7. Fortis Memorial Research Institute - Gurugram
Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with an enviable international faculty, reputed clinicians, including super-sub-specialists and specialty nurses, supported by cutting edge technology.
A premium referral hospital, it endeavors to be the Mecca of Healthcare for Asia Pacific and beyond.
8. Aster Medcity - Kochi
Aster Medcity is the first hospital in the world to perform a simultaneous live-donor liver and kidney transplant on a 20-month old toddler weighing just 7 kilograms and simultaneous liver transplants in one-year old identical twins who suffered liver failure due to accidental poisoning - a first-of-its-kind case in the world.
The Integrated Liver Care Unit at Aster Medcity offers highly-advanced services for comprehensive management of complex liver diseases and
Hepato-Pancreato biliary diseases in both adults and children.
9. Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences - Bangalore
The Liver Transplant and HPB surgery team at Narayana Health is among the most experienced in India.
You get the treatment for end-stage liver disease(liver cirrhosis), unresectable liver tumor or metabolic liver disease; meeting the criteria for liver transplant.
The team has extensive experience of doing complex hepatobiliary surgery for both benign and malignant diseases using open and laparoscopic approach. We are a reputed liver transplant hospital in India trusted by patients from India and across the world.
10. Apollo Hospital - Chennai
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road Chennai, the flagship hospital of the Apollo Group was established in 1983.
Revolutionizing the healthcare sector, the hospital has over 60 departments spearheaded by internationally trained doctors, state-of-the-art facilities for various health disorders and cutting-edge medical procedures, that makes it the most preferred destinations for patients from across India and around the globe.