ACL Reconstruction Treatment in India
ACL Surgery Cost In India
- The ACL surgery cost in India starts from USD 2200.
- The success rate of ACL surgery in India is around 85 to 90 percent.
- Fortis Noida, Max Patparganj, and Jaypee Hospital are among the top hospitals in India for ACL surgery. The best doctors in the field include Dr. Atul Mishra, Dr. Anil Arora, and Dr. Sumit Bhushan.
- Even though the surgery does not require an overnight stay in the hospital, the visit to India should be planned for a week to get enough time for recovery.
About ACL Surgery
ACL surgery is a significant procedure which involves the reconstruction or replacement of a torn or damaged Anterior Cruciate ligament (ACL), in the knee. ACL injuries are most common among sports players. Especially in the case of sports like basketball, soccer, gymnastics, and football that involve knee jerks.
Types of injury to the knee
ACL injuries can occur due to various reasons. Some of them include:
- Sudden jerks due to change of speed or direction of movement.
- Pivoting on the foot which puts pressure on the knee.
- Sudden stops or immediate starts that cause a jerk to the ACL.
- Jumping and landing in an incorrect position.
- A direct hit to the knee due to accident.
Risks associated with ACL surgery
Similar to any other surgical procedure, ACL surgery includes the risk of bleeding, infection, blood clotting, and improper healing. In addition to that, the patient may experience stiffness or pain in the knee muscles. The graft may take too long to heal, and the surgery does not guarantee the complete healing of the ligament. When the patient resumes normal activities or starts playing sports or doing other high-impact activities, the graft may fail to sustain.
- As the patient finalizes the decision of undergoing surgery, the doctors may advise a couple of weeks of physical therapy, especially if there is pain and swelling.
- The doctors may also prescribe some medications or dietary restrictions a week or a day before the day of the surgery in some cases if required.
- The surgery is performed under general anesthesia to reduce pain.
- The operation starts with small incisions to remove the damaged ligament and replace it with graft tissue.
- The surgeons drill some sockets in the shinbone and thighbone to place the graft correctly.
- Then, they secure the graft placement with screws and close the incisions.
- While the patient can leave the hospital on the same day after the effect of anesthesia wears off, they may not be able to drive back on their own
- If pain and swelling persist after the surgery, the doctors may advise some exercises and prescribe some medicines
Factors affecting the cost of treatment in different states in India
ACL Surgery Cost In Bangalore: There are a variety of reputed and renowned hospitals in Bangalore that specialize in ACL surgery.
ACL Surgery Cost In Pune: Pune has some of the most experienced set of doctors that have years of experience in knee replacement and ACL surgery.
ACL Surgery Cost In Delhi: In Delhi, the medical infrastructure has improved drastically for both private and government hospitals, making it one of the best places in India for ACL surgery.
ACL Surgery Cost In Mumbai: The city of Mumbai is known for its personalized packages for international patients who travel to the city for an ACL surgery.
We came across Hospals last year and decided to go for an ACL surgery treatment for my daughter Abebi, in India through them. It was the best decision taken by my husband and me. Abebi has resumed playing basketball, and we couldn’t be happier. Hospals gave us the best package that included everything, and we didn’t have to spend any extra money!
- Adaobi Naomi, Nigeria
I injured my leg in November last year while playing basketball. Traveling for ACL surgery seemed like a huge deal, but thanks to Hospals, everything turned out to be very seamless and secure. Thank you, Hospals, for making the surgery so much easy for my family and me.
- Abdullah Hasham, Yemen
Dr. Sumit Bhushan is the best doctor in India for ACL surgery, and Hospals put us in touch with him. Money can be a challenge when it comes to surgeries and treatments, but with Hospals, we didn’t have to worry about anything. I would recommend Hospals to anyone who is going to India for an ACL surgery.
- Sarah Nour, Algeria
We contacted everyone, from local clinics to international hospitals for ACL surgery. All of them were charging too much, and we thought we would never be able to afford ACL surgery for my son. With Hospals, we found the best of packages, and they handled everything very smoothly. We couldn’t be more grateful.
- Paul Collins, Kenya
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.