CABG Treatment in India
CABG surgery cost In India
- CABG surgery cost in India is around USD 5,500, which varies depending upon various factors.
- There is a 95% CABG surgery success rate in India.
- Some of the experienced doctors for CABG Surgery Appointment in India are Dr. Y K Mishra, Dr. Z S Meharwal, Dr. Naresh Trehan and Dr. B N Das.. Some of the best hospitals are the Manipal Hospital Dwarka, Fortis Escorts, Medanta Hospital and Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
- It is a three days procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost fifteen days in India.
About CAD (Coronary Artery Disease)
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), also known as Atherosclerotic Heart diseases, is the narrowing of the coronary arteries (caused by a buildup of plaque) – the blood vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to the heart muscle. Arteries of the heart are smooth and elastic, but plaque makes them stiff and narrow. Plaque, which is made up of deposits of cholesterol and other substances in the artery, can partly or block the blood flow in the heart leading to a heart attack.
Symptoms of Coronary Artery Disease
- Severe tiredness
- Swelling in the hands and feet
- Nausea and weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in arms or shoulders
- Chest pain
Causes of Coronary Artery Disease
- Plaque buildup in the walls
- Diet rich in fats
- High blood pressure
- Sedentary lifestyle
Doctors will perform a regular physical examination, ask about the medical history, and family history, which is followed by several tests which are as follows:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): ECG measures the rate and regularity of the heartbeat.
- Echocardiogram: This test uses unique sound waves to create a picture of the heart to know how well the heart is working and the condition of the valves.
- Stress test: This test tells the condition of the heart while doing any of the physical exercises like walking on the treadmill.
- X-ray: This creates the picture of the lung, heart, and other organs in the chest.
- Coronary Angiography: This test helps the doctor in finding the blockages that can cause a heart attack using dyes to study the flow of blood through the coronary arteries.
The surgery starts with taking a blood vessel from the chest, leg, or arm. Then the doctors attach blood vessels to the coronary artery above and below the narrowed area or blockage (new blood vessel is called a graft). A Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) is carried out under general anesthetic. CABG surgery is usually three and six hours long.
These are the following steps, during and after the surgery.
- Under general anesthesia, doctors make an incision on the chest to reach the heart.
- Further, the doctor gives medicines to stop and protect the heart at the same time.
- As a replacement of the heart and to let the blood flow throughout the body, a heart-lung bypass is used.
- An artery or vein from a chest or leg is used as a graft for the bypass.
- The heart resumes its functions after the grafting. Doctors continue the blood flow and disconnect the heart-lung bypass machine.
- The next step is to drain the fluid for which the doctors insert tubes in the chest.
- Chest bones are closed with wires.
- The last step is to stitch the incision.
Factors affecting CABG surgery cost in India
CABG surgery cost in Chennai: Chennai is known for its medical facilities and has some of the highly qualified and veteran heart surgeons, which makes CABG a successful treatment option in India. Very reputed hospitals and healthcare facilities make Chennai the priority for CABG surgery in India.
CABG surgery cost in Delhi: Delhi is very famous for some of its reputed and well-equipped hospitals, which provide world-class facilities to patients from all over the world. Especially in the field of heart treatment, Delhi’s medical services are unsurpassable. The success rate of CABG surgery in Delhi is almost 100%.
CABG surgery cost in Bangalore: Bangalore is very famous and known for its industrial, commercial growth, which has made a mark in the international world as well when it comes to medical facilities, treatments, and best doctors. Some of the best hospitals in Bangalore have modern medical equipment, which is on par with the best available in the world.
I had a blockage in the artery, and doctors suggested emergency surgery considering my situation. I urgently had to visit India for the surgery and was looking for someone who can help me in the emergency conditions. I got in touch with hospals, and everything was arranged within a week. All the arrangements were made in the top hospital of Delhi, and the surgery was successful.
- Annika Khumalo, South Africa
I cannot thank hospals enough for guiding me throughout, from the start till the end. We were in India for almost a month for my son’s heart bypass surgery. Every appointment with the doctor and the entire surgery arrangements in the best hospital in Mumbai was very well taken care of.
- Dalian khan, UAE
Treatment cost in India was a bit of a costly affair for us, but hospals even helped us with the monetary issues. They provide a full customised medical package to all those who want to get their treatment done in India.
- Iftar Ali, Bangladesh
Excellent services, great packages, polite and professional staff, honest deal and services, pocket-friendly fees, and excellent medical guidance. CABG treatment in India under hospals! I couldn’t ask for more.
- Hasifa Begum, Oman
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.