Cervical Cancer Treatment in India
Cervical cancer treatment In India
- The estimated total cost of Cervical cancer treatment in India is around USD 5,000, depending upon various factors.
- There is 85% of the cervical cancer success rate in India, which makes India one of the most preferred countries for cervical cancer treatment across the world.
- Some of the experienced doctors in the field are Dr. Vinod Raina , Dr Ranga Rao Rangaraju and Dr Ashok Vaid. The best hospitals are Fortis Hospital, Medanta Hospital and Paras Hospital.
- It is a six days procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost twenty days in India.
About Cervical Cancer
Tumor in the lower part of the uterus, called the cervix, is known as cervical cancer. The abnormal growth of the cancer cells with the ability to spread in the other parts of the body, starting from the cervix, is the reason for cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is a very slow process; therefore, early diagnosis and successful treatment is possible. Women in their first twenties- thirties are usually diagnosed with the precancerous cervix, while women in their forties- fifties are generally diagnosed with cervical cancer. Girls within a year of starting the menstrual cycle are more at risk of cervical cancer.
There are no signs and symptoms of cervical cancer at the initial stage, but as cancer grows, certain symptoms need immediate doctor consultation.
- Vaginal bleeding just after the intercourse
- Bleeding after menopause
- Pelvis pain or lower back pain
- Unusual vaginal discharge with a foul smell
- Pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Weak Immunity
- Intake of oral contraceptives for more than five years
- Multiple sexual partners
- Human papillomavirus (virus spread through sexual contact or skin to skin contact)
- Precancerous cervical abnormalities
- Diethylstilboestrol ( Hormonal drug)
Doctors perform a regular physical examination, enquire about the medical history, and family history. If a person has symptoms indicating cervical cancer or a doctor identifies a tumor during cervical cancer screening, various tests are available to confirm it.
- Pap smear: The doctor takes cells from the cervix and examines it in the lab to check the availability of cancer cells.
- X-ray: To check that the cancer cells have spread or not beyond the cervix to other parts of the body.
- CT scan: CT scan is helpful to know the severity of cervical cancer.
- MRI: The work of the MRI is the same as an x-ray, to check that the cancer cells have spread or not beyond the cervix to other parts of the body.
- Cone Biopsy: Cone biopsy involves the use of a magnifying glass to examine the cervix and its condition.
- HPV DNA test: HPV DNA test involves taking cells from the cervix and checking the HPV infections.
Cervical Cancer Treatment
The treatment of cervical cancer depends on the stage, health, and age of the patient. The number of children a patient wants to have in the future or no children at all also decides the type of cervical cancer treatment. The treatment options available are:
- Cryosurgery: Cryosurgery involves filling the abnormal cells (cancer cells found at the surface of the cervix) with liquid nitrogen gas. The liquid nitrogen gas is formed into ice balls that kill the cancer cells.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery is useful for the early stage of cervical cancer. Surgeon, with the help of laser beams, kills the cancer cells.
- Conization: Conization is especially for those who want to have children in the future. Surgeons recommend conization before chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Surgeons use loop electrosurgical excision procedure or LEEP to remove a piece of tissue from the cervix and examine it in the lab before suggesting chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Radiotherapy: High-energy radiation beams target the cancerous tissue to destroy it. Radiation therapy comes with the risk of causing menopause. One must consult a doctor before radiation therapy as to how to preserve eggs.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy destroys cancer cells by the use of drugs, as medications are injected in the patient's veins. For advanced cancer treatment, low doses are combined with high doses.
- Hysterectomy: In hysterectomy , the surgeon removes the uterus and cervix. The fallopian tubes and ovaries are still left intact.
- Radical Hysterectomy In radical hysterectomy, the surgeon removes the uterus, a part of your vagina, lymph nodes, and nearby tissues. The surgeon does not remove ovaries and fallopian tubes unless necessary.
- Pelvic Exenteration: Pelvic exenteration is for recurring cancer cells. If cancer has spread, the surgeon removes the cervix, uterus, and surrounding lymph nodes and organs.
Factors affecting cost in India
Cervical cancer treatment in Mumbai: Mumbai is the hub of some of the finest cancer hospitals and some of the world's famous cancer surgeons. Mumbai city treatment facilities are not only best but affordable at the same time. Well equipped hospitals, world-class facilities, excellent patient capacity in every hospital, exceptional maintenance, equality efficient staff.
Cervical cancer treatment in Hyderabad: Hyderabad is among the best when it comes to treating Cervical cancer in Hyderabad. It is internationally recognized and provides up to date treatment with an excellent success rate. Hyderabad has an infrastructure with the latest technologies that follow an accessible, comfortable, and patient-centric approach.
Cervical cancer treatment in Chennai: Chennai is turning more towards advanced ways of treatment to match the highest standards of the medical world. Chennai successfully justifies the tag of "Health Capital of India." Chennai attracts more than 40% of health abroad tourists in its multi and super-specialty hospitals.
Cervical cancer treatment in Delhi:- Some of the factors that determine the cost in Delhi are type and location of the hospital,the total duration of stay in the hospitals, cost of rehabilitation (if needed) etc.
In 2018, I connected with the Hospals team for my mother’s cervical cancer treatment in India. The package and the services Hospals was offering was perfect. From visa to the airport, pick up and drop, everything was covered. We got the visa within a week, and treatment started the next day we landed in Mumbai. My mother was under one of the best doctors and one of the finest hospitals in Mumbai. All thanks to Hospals that my mother is healthy today.
- Jen Busht, Somalia
After consulting many doctors for cervical cancer treatment with no positive outcome, my family and I decided to get the treatment done for India. We contacted the Hospals team, and everything was arranged quickly. We were provided with an assistant who was with us throughout to guide us. We were referred to as one of the best doctors in Delhi and received the most comprehensive treatment. The Hospals team was very professional. Your best medical guide in India. I would recommend it to everyone.
- Amala Abdullah, Afghanistan
I had heard a lot about India and the success rate of cervical cancer treatment in India. I decided to get the treatment done from India under Hospals, the best medical guidance. Everything was arranged up to the mark. The stay was also patient-friendly. Team took care of all the appointments with the doctors, travel facilities, and regular follow up in the hospital. I am recovering and all thanks to Hospals.
- Jirara Chenya, Ethiopia
It is all because of Hospals that my sister is leading a healthy life today. She was diagnosed with cervical cancer, and it was a tough time for our family. We came to India for the treatment, and Hospals was our guide throughout. Best service and support.
- Anita Mathews, Fiji Islands
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.