Cyberknife Treatment Treatment in India
Cyberknife treatment cost in India
- The estimated total Cyberknife treatment cost in India is around USD 7,000, depending upon various factors.
- There is 80% of the Cyberknife treatment success rate in India, which makes India one of the most preferred countries for cyberknife treatment.
- Some of the experienced doctors in the field are Dr Sandeep Vaishya, Dr. V.P. Singh, and Dr. Aditya Gupta. The best hospitals are Medanta Hospital, Fortis Memorial Research Institute,Artemis Hospital and Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
- The patients need to stay for almost fifteen days in India. The treatment takes around six to eight sessions.
About Cyberknife Radiation Therapy
Cyberknife is non-invasive radiation therapy for treating cancer anywhere in the body. The process involves the use of radiation (high energy X-ray machine on a robotic arm) to destroy the cancerous tissues or slow down the growth of cancer cells. Cyberknife is an outpatient treatment that takes around six to eight sessions. The best thing about cyberknife treatment is that unlike other radiation treatments, it does not attack the healthy cells, or the effect is significantly less.
Who needs Cyberknife Treatment
Cyberknife radiation therapy is best for patients dealing with:
- Non-Cancerous Tumours
- Brain Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Cancerous Spine Tumours
- Lung Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Benefits of Cyberknife treatment
- Do not attack or destroy healthy tissues.
- The painless treatment procedure for cancer and requires no anesthesia.
- The patient does not need to stay in the hospital.
- The method involves no blood loss.
- It is a less time-consuming process with fast recovery.
- It can also treat moving tumors with pinpoint accuracy.
- Side effects are minimum as compared to other cancer treatments.
The diagnosis of the tumour and to know about its shape, size, and location for effective cyberknife radiation therapy involves tests like CT scan, MRI, Angiography, and PET.
Treatment planning: Before the treatment, the doctor does certain tests to determine the size, location, and shape of the tumour. These tests help in protecting nearby tissues and surrounding organs.
Evaluation: After a complete diagnosis, the doctor will decide the volume, and radiation beam pattern depending upon the patient’s requirement. The team of doctors work together to decide the care plan for the patient.
Fiducial Placement: After a complete diagnosis of the tumour (location, size, and shape), the doctor inserts small golden markers (fiducials) to determine the tumour’s exact location to starting with proving radiation.
DURING THE PROCEDURE
- The doctor makes the patient lie down on the table with appropriate immobilization devices, ensuring his/her comfort.
- According to the information transmitted to the robotic arm, the robot delivers radiation to the targeted part of the patient, moving around carefully. The cyberknife VSI system, at the same time, takes the X-ray of the part being treated for real-time images and location. This increases the accuracy of the treatment.
- As the treatment proceeds, the robot retargets at different positions around the patient.
- The robot delivers a radiation beam at each position, and the process is repeated at 50-300 different positions around the patient to complete treatment.
- Depending upon the size, shape, and severity of the location, the patient undergoes six to eight sessions; each lasts for around an hour.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
The patient need not stay in the hospital for observation after cyberknife treatment. He/she
can also resume his/her work within a week because the therapy does not involve any side effects or very minimum side effects like fatigue, nausea, and headache.
Follow up completely depends upon the case, site, type of cancer, medical history of the patient, and so on.
Cyberknife treatment cost in India
Cyberknife treatment cost in Mumbai: India is one of the few countries to have robotic Cyberknife radiation therapy in it’s treatment regime to treat cancer patients successfully. On the other hand, Mumbai makes the best use of this treatment and has this in many cancer hospitals. Mumbai is famous for inculcating all modern technology in the treatment facilities, and cyberknife radiation therapy is one of those with a high success rate. Cyberknife treatment cost in Mumbai is around USD 7,000.
Cyberknife treatment cost in Chennai: There is a reason why Chennai is called the “medical hub of India.” Health being given the priority, it is quite evident through the hospitals and doctors of Chennai. Chennai is the first preference of many medical tourists who come to India for treatment. Chennai is turning towards advanced ways of treatment to match the highest standards of the medical world, and cyberknife radiation therapy is one of those. Chennai attracts more than 40% of health abroad tourists in its multi and super-specialty hospitals. Cyberknife treatment cost in Chennai is around USD 6,800.
Cyberknife treatment cost in Hyderabad: Cyberknife treatment cost in Hyderabad is around UDS 6,500. Hyderabad is famous for providing the best and most comprehensive treatment facilities at nominal prices. Hyderabad has many internationally recognized cancer institutes. It has an infrastructure with the latest technologies that follow an accessible, comfortable, and patient-centric approach.
Cyberknife treatment cost in Delhi : Medanta - The Medicity is famous for its cyberknife therapy treatment among all the other hospitals. The team of doctors present there are all experienced in the same. Delhi has some very fine technologies for the treatment which makes it one of the most preferred place for getting treatment.
I was sure to get cyberknife treatment done from India for spine cancer but couldn’t decide which medical platform to opt for. Luckily, I landed on Hospals website and knew whom to trust in India for all the medical guidance, and my decision was right. Everything was best, I would say. Best stay, best services, and nominal fees. I was suggested the best hospital in India by Hospals for cyberknife therapy for spine cancer treatment. Hospals is a team of highly professional individuals dedicated in making the patient and doctors meet for the best treatment possible.
- Shahid Khan, Bangladesh
I was suffering from neck cancer and decided to come to India for the treatment. I connected with the Hospals team (suggested by one of the family friends), and they provided me with all the information I was looking for. Within a week, I traveled to India, and a Hospals member was present to pick me at the airport. The staying arrangements were according to my preference, and the team took me to the best hospital and the best doctor. I am pleased with the support and services of Hospals.
- Gosullah Sheikh, Saudi Arabia
I would suggest Hospals to all the medical tourists looking for the best medical guidance in India. Platform loaded with everything one could ask for. The package of Hospals even covers small details like help with the local sim card, currency exchange, arrangements for short outing post-treatment, and even help with hospital bills. You can put all your trust in Hospals, and they shall never disappoint you.
- Natalia Green, Ethiopia
As a medical tourist in an alien land, it becomes tough to arrange all by yourself. Platforms like Hospals are life saviors for medical tourists. It was my second time with Hospals, and they are the best I would say. They will take care of everything! Thank you, Hospals.
- Shakur Nizwa, Oman
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.