Epilepsy Treatment in India
Epilepsy treatment in India
- The total cost of Epilepsy treatment in India is around USD 2,500 to USD 3,000, which varies depending upon various factors.
- There is an 80% success rate of Epilepsy treatment in India.
- Max Hospital, Apollo Hospital, and Jaypee Hospital are some of the best hospitals for Epilepsy treatment in India. Some of the veterans and highly skilled doctors are Dr. P N Renjen , Dr. Sanjay Saxena, and Dr. K M Hasan.
- Epilepsy treatment In India is a three days procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost fifteen days in India.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease that is a result of disturbed and abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Usually, a normal and healthy brain has an electrical current in a controlled manner, but a person who has epilepsy tends to have fits and seizures due to abnormal current activity in the brain. Epilepsy causes unusual sensations and changes in the behavior of the patient.
- Grand Mal Seizure: This seizure happens when abnormal current activity affects the entire brain. The person starts shaking, becomes stiff, and falls on the ground.
- Partial Seizures: This seizure happens when abnormal current activity affects only a small portion of the brain. The part of the brain affected results in symptoms that vary portion to portion.
- Simple Partial Seizure: The person only has some unusual sensations or jerking while the person is fully aware.
- Complex partial seizure: This results in inappropriate automatic behaviors, and the person is not fully aware or conscious.
Symptoms of Epilepsy
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Loss of awareness and feeling blank often
- Fits and body shake
- Fear and anxiety
- Twitching of arms and legs
Causes of Epilepsy
- Head injury
- Other brain disorders like autism
- Brain damage at the time of birth
In the case of Epilepsy or other neurological diseases, a person should always consult a neurologist or doctor who is an Epilepsy expert. The doctor will undergo specific tests to decide the most effective treatment.
- Electroencephalogram: This test helps in determining the portion of the brain affected by abnormal brain electric activity and the part from where the seizure and fits are originating. Electroencephalogram helps the neurologist suggest the right kind of treatment for the patient.
- Tesla MRI: This is an advanced test than MRI which helps in identifying subtle anatomical lesions.
- MRI: Certain parts of the brain are responsible for various movements in the body, speech, vision, and other normal functions. For surgical strategies for Epilepsy, MRI tests are essential.
- Neuronavigation: Neuronavigation involves performing an MRI study in the operation theatre to ensure complete resection of the epileptogenic lesion. Neuronavigation is very important for seizure freedom.
Medication: By far, the most effective treatment of Epilepsy is antiepileptic medicines. Pills keep seizures and fits in control and have been successful in doing so in more than 80% of Epilepsy cases. Type of medication and doses depends on various factors like age, sex, how frequent are the fits and seizures, the lifestyle of the patient, and the health of the patient. There are certain cases when doctors change the medicines or drop the medication treatment if the patient is suffering specific side effects.
Surgery: Neurologists advise surgery only when the medication fails to give the desired results, or the condition is severe to be treated with only medicines. Surgery involves treating the part of the brain, which is the underlying cause of Epilepsy like a tumor or any brain injury. Sometimes doctors also have to remove a part of the brain, which is the origin point of Epilepsy during the surgery.
Corpus Callosotomy: Corpus Callosum is responsible for the exchange of information between two hemispheres of the brain. There are chances of spreading seizures from one hemisphere to another through the corpus callosum. Corpus callosotomy involves dividing the corpus callosum to reduce the risk of seizures. As a result, it can cure Epilepsy.
Epilepsy treatment in India
Epilepsy treatment in Bangalore: There are several hospitals in Bangalore that provide advanced Epilepsy treatment. Vikram hospital in Bangalore is one such hospital that not only provides treatments but has an excellent success rate of treating Epilepsy. Medical travelers from different parts of the world get comprehensive Epilepsy treatment from some of the very skilled and veterans neurologists in Bangalore.
Epilepsy treatment in Mumbai: Mumbai has shown tremendous growth in the field of neurological diseases, among many other diseases from the last few decades, and has been successful in providing treatments to many patients, including foreign medical travelers. Facilities provided In Mumbai hospitals are top class with excellent infrastructure and nominal cost.
Epilepsy treatment in Kolkata: There is a list of some of the best treatments providing hospitals in Kolkata at a very nominal cost. Facilities of the hospitals are top class. Doctors are highly qualified, and every specialist and surgeon is available in Kolkata. Many patients are successfully treated with Epilepsy in Kolkata.
Epilepsy treatment in Delhi: Though, India has various cities that provide excellent medical services but when it comes to the capital city the treatment options are innumerable. World class facilities, affordable fees, best hospitals, language benefits, and amazing infrastructure. The success rate of Delhi in treating patients is also very high.
I can’t thank hospals enough for taking care of my family and me in India. As a medical traveler from a different country, it would have been tough for us to manage all the things in India by ourselves. We were here for my father’s Epilepsy surgery from Mumbai, and hospals arranged everything. My father’s condition is much better now.
- Joshua Romas, Bangladesh
We were and are still under hospals in India whenever we visit India for my Epilepsy treatment. No other platform than hospals could have managed the things the way they did and are still doing.
- Alsu Karimova, UAE
Though my condition was not smooth because of Epilepsy, my journey was quite stable because of Hospals in India. Epilepsy can be very troublesome sometimes. I had high hopes with India for my improvement, and doctors did an excellent job. My condition is a lot stable now.
- Adi Bari, Fiji
I was on Epilepsy medication for quite a long time, and no improvement was seen. I was also suffering from a few side effects, and doctors suggested urgent surgery. I decided to go to India for the surgery and got in touch with hospals for further services. Everything went great.
- Ishaq Khan, Iraq
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.