Esophageal Cancer Treatment in India
Esophageal cancer treatment in India
- The total cost of esophageal cancer treatment in India Starts from USD 3500 to USD 4000, depending upon various factors.
- There is a 90% success rate of esophageal cancer treatment in India
- Some of the experienced and Best Doctors for esophageal cancer In India are Dr. Hari Goyal, Dr. Ankur Bahl, Dr.Jalaj Baxi and Dr. Rajeev Agarwal The best hospitals include Jaypee Hospital, Artemis Hospital,Fortis Noida and Medanta
- Esophageal cancer Treatment In India is a three - four days procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost 20 days in India.
About Esophageal Cancer
The esophagus is the tube that attaches the throat to the stomach. esophageal cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cancer cells in the esophagus. esophageal cancer begins at the inner layer of the esophagus and can spread further to the other segments of the esophagus and also to different body parts. There are two types of esophageal Cancer:
Adenocarcinoma: This cancer starts in the glandular tissue in the lower part. The stomach and the esophagus appear together in this lower part of the esophagus.
Squamous Cell Carcinoma: This type of esophageal Cancer begins in the squamous cells lining the esophagus. This cancer typically occurs in the middle and upper part of the esophagus.
Symptoms and Causes of Esophageal Cancer
- Difficulty or pain in swallowing food.
- Weight loss and vomiting
- Chest burning and pain in the chest
- Indigestion like gastrointestinal problems related to acid reflux in the upper abdomen region
- Choking while eating
- Pain in the throat
- It is more likely to occur when people get older (above 60 years)
- Esophageal cancer happens when the esophageal cells develop defect in their DNA
- Esophageal cancer is common in men.
- Heavy use of tobacco and alcohol also causes esophageal cancer to happen.
- Heredity is also one of the causes.
The doctor will ask about medical history, family history and perform a physical examination. Some of the tests are:-
- Barium x-rays: Sometimes, it can be challenging to get the clear picture of an esophagus wall in the X-ray. Doctors get clear images from coating the barium to the esophagus wall.
- Upper Endoscopy: The procedure is used to see the abnormalities in the esophagus wall.
- Biopsy: Esophagus cells are examined under the microscope to check the presence of the cancer cells.
There are various treatments available for cancer.
Surgery:- There are two types of surgeries for esophagus cancer treatment. The first method involves the removal of the tumor and the affected portion of the esophagus along with lymph nodes. The doctor connects the tube with the tissue of the stomach or small intestine. In the second surgery, the doctor removes part of the esophagus, nearby lymph nodes, and the top of the stomach.
Chemotherapy:- Chemotherapy destroys cancer cells by the use of drugs.
Photodynamic Therapy:- Low powered lasers combined with a light-sensitive drug are used in this therapy to kill the cancer cells.
Radiotherapy:- High-energy radiation beams target the cancerous tissue to destroy it.
Factors affecting the cost of esophageal cancer treatment in India
The final cost of esophageal cancer surgery depends upon several factors, including the treatment method used, type of anesthesia or sedation, and other procedures performed in conjunction.
- Treatment procedure:- Different procedures have different costs.
- The technology used:- The kind and technology used also decides the price. One technique might be costlier than the other.
- Severity:- Severity and the stage of cancer also plays a significant role in determining the amount to be spent in esophageal treatment.
- Location:- Location of the hospital, state, and infrastructure also brings a variation in the cost of the procedure.
- Pre- and aftercare:- Many treatment demands pre, during, and aftercare. These factors add to the value of the treatment.
Hospals took care of us from the beginning until the end, when my father was getting the Treatment of Esophagus Cancer In India. I got in touch with one of the best doctors through hospals only. Very happy with the service.
- Maria, Kenya
Evaluation of esophagus cancer by various specialist doctors was taken care of by the best faculties of Hospals in India. Our appointments with the doctors and everything else was under hospals teams, and they were all very kind and helpful. Today, I am living a healthy life. All thanks to Hospals!
- Robert Ndlovu, South Africa
I was looking for the best doctors and hospitals for esophagus cancer treatment in India. I got in touch with hospals, and the service was excellent. The staff was very polite and professional in their services.
- James Smith, US
Could Not have expected better medical guidance other than hospals. Very happy with the services I got. Charges are nominal and very affordable. Very professional staff and good facilities.
- Azam Golam, Bangladesh
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.