Heart Valve Replacement Treatment in India
Heart Valve Replacement cost in India
- Heart valve replacement cost in India is around USD 6000, which varies depending upon various factors.
- There is a 90% success rate of heart valve replacement treatment in India, which makes India one of the most preferred countries for it in the world.
- Some of the experienced doctors for heart valve replacement in India are Dr YK Mishra, Dr ZS Meharwal, Dr. Naresh Trehan, and Dr. Devi Shetty. Some of the best hospitals are the Manipal Hospital, Medanta Hospital, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Center, and Narayana Hospital.
- It is a six to eight days procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost ten days in India.
About Heart Valve Replacement
The heart has four valves to keep the blood flow in the right direction. These are the mitral valve, tricuspid valve, pulmonary valve, and aortic valve. Each valve closes and opens during every heartbeat.
The process of replacing the natural diseased and damaged heart valve with a prosthetic valve to mimic the exact functioning of the valve is known as heart valve replacement. A prosthetic valve is designed to aid normal opening and closing motion, exactly like the natural valve. The cause of damage can be a result of calcium build up in the valve due to aging or other factors. Mostly, open-heart surgery is the option for heart valve replacement.
- Severe tiredness
- Swelling in the hands and feet
- Nausea and weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in arms or shoulders
- Chest pain
- Spine disorder (ankylosing spondylitis)
- Build up of calcium in the valve
- Rheumatic fever and scarlet fever
- Heart defect since birth
- High BP, sugar, and cholesterol
Doctors perform a regular physical examination, enquire about the medical history, and family history, followed by several tests as follows:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): ECG measures the rate and regularity of the heartbeat.
- Echocardiogram: This test uses special sound waves to create a picture of the heart to know how well the heart is working and the condition of the valves.
- Stress test: This test tells the heart’s condition while doing any physical exercise like walking on the treadmill.
- X-ray: This creates the picture of the lung, heart, and other organs in the chest.
- Coronary Angiography: This test helps the doctor find the blockages that can cause a heart attack using dyes to study the flow of blood through the coronary arteries.
The surgery can be minor where the defected valve is changed, and it can also involve replacing the valve with a donor’s valve. Valve replacement surgery starts with a cut on the patient’s chest. The incision is usually eight to ten inches long but depends on the type of surgery a patient undergoes.
- Valve replacement takes around four to five hours.
- It starts with giving anesthesia to the patient so that the patient does not feel any pain and becomes unconscious.
- Then doctors make a cut on the patient’s chest to access the valve to proceed further.
- In order to protect the heart, the doctor gives the medicine.
- A heart-lung bypass helps blood filled with oxygen to flow throughout the body, working as a replacement for the heart.
- The surgeon uses a healthy valve to rectify the problem and replaces it with the damaged valve.
- After the surgery, the doctor shocks the heart using small paddles to restart your heartbeat.
- Now, the surgeon will allow blood circulating through the bypass machine to re-enter your heart and remove the tubes to the machine.
- After the procedure, the doctor closes the incision with stitches both internally and externally.
Heart Valve Replacement cost in India
Heart valve replacement cost in Delhi: Especially in the field of heart treatment, Delhi’s medical services are unsurpassable and one of the best in India. The success rate of valve replacement in Delhi is as high as 90%. Delhi has some of the best heart surgeons and very reputed hospitals, successfully treating patients from all over the world. The capacity of Delhi hospitals to manage the number of patients every day is awe-inspiring.
Heart valve replacement cost in Chennai: The patient-doctor ratio of Chennai makes Chennai one of the best cities for medical tourists in India. Popularly known as “Health Capital” of India, Chennai has inculcated every modern technique in its treatment facilities. The cost of treatment is also very nominal and affordable.
Heart valve replacement cost in Mumbai: Nobody can deny the medical facilities of Mumbai and the number of reputed hospitals and verteran doctor in Mumbai is commendable.Heart valve replacement cost in Mumbai is around USD 5500 with world class facility and amazing success rate.
Heart valve replacement cost in Kerala: Lately, Kerala has done a commendable job in the field of medical facilities. From modern technique treatment to low cost packages, Kerala gives every reason for medical tourists to trust it’s healthcare facilities.
Heart valve replacement was a costly procedure for us in India. There was no way but to get the valve replacement done urgently of my father. We could not think of anything, then one of my friends suggested Hospals to us. We immediately got in touch for Hospals, and they had a solution to our problems. From money to arranging the best doctor in the town, Hospals did a fantastic job.
- Dembe Suruma, Uganda
Already had four-valve replacement surgeries and everything in vain. I was facing the same problem even after so many surgeries. I finally decided to visit India and told my concerns and problems to Hospals. Within two days, I received the visa invitation letter, and I reached India with all the hopes. Appointments were already fixed, and every arrangement was up to the mark. I had with me an assistant throughout who helped me and guided me. Hospals team was taking every hour report. This time, it was a successful surgery, and I am very happy.
- Shabiba Khalid, Oman
After having symptoms like nausea, tiredness, shortness of breath, and vomiting, I decided to go for a diagnosis and found out a damaged valve that needs to be replaced immediately. India was my destination, and Hospals was my guide. Within a week, everything was arranged. A hospals member at the airport received me. My appointment, stay, food, tickets, and every detail were handed over to me the same day. I was even provided help that would be with me to guide me and help me. What else could I ask for. Thank you, Hospals.
- Zaid Yusuf, Iraq
As a medical tourist in India, no platform can surpass the facilities and services of Hospals. What great professionalism and services. Everything up to the mark. No leniency and very active staff. Full package with pocket-friendly charges.
- Abu Hanifa, Sudan
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.