IVF Package Treatment in India
IVF Treatment Cost in India
- All-inclusive cost of IVF treatment in India starts from USD 3000.
- The success rate for IVF treatment is higher among women under the age of 35 (more than 50%), for women over 35 years, it’s 40-45%.
- The best hospitals in India for IVF are W Pratiksha Hospital, Nova IVI Fertility, Indraprastha apollo hospital etc. and the top doctors include Dr. Divya Sardana, Dr. Parul Katiyar, and Dr. Sushma Sinha among others.
- Even though there is no hospitalization for the treatment, men require a stay of 7 days in India, while women would need to stay for 4-6 weeks.
About IVF Treatment
In-Vitro Fertilization, popularly known as IVF, is a kind of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) that helps people dealing with infertility issues or genetic problems. It is a process where the fertilization of female eggs and male sperm is done artificially in a laboratory., and then zygote is placed inside the uterus for implantation. The patients may choose to go with their own eggs or sperm or opt for a donor after a complete analysis.
Steps for IVF procedure
IVF treatment involves the following five steps:
Simulation: Before the process begins, some drugs are given to the female partner to increase the production of eggs or induce ovulation to produce eggs viable for an embryo. Throughout the process, the medical examiners will keep a check on the count of eggs to ascertain the best time to extract them for the fertilization process.
Egg retrieval: The next step in the process is also called follicular aspiration. The purpose of this is extraction of eggs from the ovaries through a surgery. The surgery happens under the influence of anesthesia.
Insemination: This is the part of the process where the male gives a specimen of his sperm. The eggs and the sperm are then fertilized in a test tube under favorable conditions inside a lab to produce embryos.
Testing or the Embryo Culture: After fertilization, the eggs are kept under observation to ensure that they are growing and tests for particular genetic conditions are also conducted.
Transfer: After 2-5 days of fertilization, if the embryos are ready, they are implanted in the uterus through a thin tube called catheter.
If the embryo adheres itself on the wall of the uterus , implantation is completed and the female gets pregnant. The confirmation can be done via blood tests. The process requires the patient to wait for 7-10 days before undergoing tests.
Why do patients go for IVF?
Generally, a patient opts for IVF owing to their inability to reproduce through natural means due to multiple possible reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tube stopping the embryo from reaching the uterus
- Presence of fibroids inside the uterus, making it difficult for the implantation of the fertilized eggs
- Affected uterus and ovaries due to uterine tissues growing outside of the uterus, known as endometriosis
- Previous history of sterilization that has blocked or cut fallopian tubes to eliminate pregnancy.
- Low sperm count , sperm mobility rate or other sperm-related abnormalities
- Lower frequency or absence of ovulation in the female
In addition to these cases, any other inexplicable reason for infertility can lead people to opt for an IVF treatment. Also, if either of the partners has a specific genetic condition or disorder that they do not wish to transfer to their offspring, they can opt for IVF to make sure that the fertilized eggs do not have the said disorder.
Risks of IVF treatment
Before you decide to go for IVF, prepare yourself for the following potential risks associated with the procedure:
- The risk of multiple births: To increase the chances of pregnancy, multiple embryos are inserted in the uterus during treatment, and this may result in twins or triplets.
- Premature delivery: In many cases, the baby may be born prematurely and can have low weight at the time of birth.
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation syndrome: The drugs given to the female to induce the ovulation process can lead to swollen ovaries.
- Ectopic pregnancy: If the embryo gets implanted outside the uterus, i.e., in the fallopian tubes, it does not survive, and there are no chances of pregnancy.
- Stress: The treatment process is very draining and stressful and can lead to emotional imbalances.
What are the side effects of IVF treatment?
IVF treatment is no different than other medical treatments and does not come without its side effects:
- Cramping and bloating
- Tenderness or other changes in the breasts
- Bruises from the treatment
- Unknown allergic reactions
- Mood Swings and headaches
- Infection or unexpected bleeding
However, these side effects are usual side effects and a part of the process. You should always consult a doctor in case of significant changes or abnormal side effects and only opt for top doctors and hospitals for your IVF treatment.
Precautions to take after IVF treatment
To keep the body well-rested and create a conducive environment for embryo implantation, you should take the following precautions:
- Avoid strenuous workouts and tiring exercises. Practice mild yoga and light exercise
- Strictly avoid any intake of tobacco, alcohol or even second-hand smoke
- Get sufficient rest and proper sleep during the day and night
- Pursue a healthy diet and stay away from junk and processed foods
- Keep the mind calm and reduce stress-inducing stimulus
Factors affecting the cost of treatment in different states in India
IVF Treatment Cost In Chennai- The Chennai healthcare system is a strategic combination of private and government hospitals. The elements impacting the IVF treatment cost in Chennai are low prices, developed facilities, and efficient processes due to a lack of waiting period.
IVF Treatment Cost In Kerala- The healthcare system in Kerala is robust in terms of hospitals, doctors and the infrastructure, and offers customized provisions for International patients.
IVF Treatment Cost In Bangalore- There are several top hospitals in Bangalore that have enabled the growth of IVF facilities in India and brought down the cost despite the high-quality and advanced technological infrastructure.
IVF Treatment Cost In Delhi- Delhi is home to some of the best doctors who specialize in the successful IVF treatment delivery. The cost of IVF treatment in Delhi is mainly dependent on the doctor's experience and the hospitals.
My friend Esther is a doctor, and she keeps boosting the IVF treatment cost in India. You would rarely get such a brilliant doctor and world-class facilities under one roof at such affordable rates. I recommend Hospals and Dr Divya Sardana to all of my friends who have trouble conceiving and are looking for options. The amount of attention to detail every attendant pays to you is commendable!
- Kavitha B, Fiji Islands
I was 27 when I started facing the issues related to infertility. I had PCOS as a teenager many people warned me about its impact on fertility. It was only when my husband and I started trying to conceive that I realized that it could have been the primary cause of infertility for us. I got treated for infertility by Dr Parul Katiyar in India, whom I found with the help of Hospals. Today, my son is five years old, and we are living a happy and satisfying life here in the US. I am very grateful to everyone who helped in the success of my IVF treatment!
- Nazma Ripa, Bangladesh
It was challenging for me to afford an IVF treatment for my wife and me, even though we both had full-time jobs. Hospals came to us like a ray of hope in all the darkness. We were treated successfully at Nova Fertility in India, where we got our IVF treatment completed at a very reasonable price. My wife is eight months pregnant, and this is the happiest we have ever been in all our lives.
- Abdulhussein Mohsin Mustafa, Oman
We had heard about getting IVF treatment overseas, but we were very confused as we could not find all factors suitable for childbirth in any one country. Hospals in India gave us a perfect combination of everything we were looking for! Low-cost treatment, world-class infrastructure, verified and experienced doctors, and a complete end-to-end solution for all our needs. I would recommend Hospals to anyone who is looking to get an IVF treatment in India.
- Wahab Nawal Abdulqader, Iraq
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.