Laparoscopic Myomectomy Treatment in India
Laparoscopic Myomectomy Cost in India
- The overall Laparoscopic Myomectomy Cost in India is approximately USD 3,000
- The success rate of the Laparoscopic Myomectomy Surgery in India is around 85 percent, with nearly 65 percent of patients being able to conceive after the surgery.
- The top hospitals for Laparoscopic Myomectomy in India include Apollo Hospital, Artemis Hospital and Fortis Noida Hospital. Many talented surgeons in India perform Laparoscopic Myomectomy, including Dr. Sushma Prasad Sinha, Dr Anjali Kumar and Dr Anjana Singh.
- Typically, a Laparoscopic Myomectomy will require two days to stay in the hospital. Overall recovery takes 3-4 weeks.
About Laparoscopic Myomectomy
Myomectomy refers to the surgical removal of fibroids that form in the uterus. Laparoscopic myomectomy is a minimally invasive form of surgical removal of those fibroids. Earlier, doctors would treat fibroids in the womb through hysterectomies removing the entire uterus. However, a myomectomy is less dangerous and gives the patient a chance for pregnancy in the future.
When is Laparoscopic Myomectomy used?
Surgeons perform a Myomectomy in three ways. The first is a hysteroscopic myomectomy, where the surgeon operates through the cervix. Next is an open myomectomy with a full incision to the abdomen. Finally, is the laparoscopic myomectomy with four small incisions.
Doctors will typically recommend a Laparoscopic Myomectomy in the following cases:
- Size of fibroids: The largest fibroid should have a size of less than 10 cm for laparoscopic myomectomy. If the size of the fibroids is larger, doctors can attempt to reduce the size through targeted therapy, hormonal injections, or tablets ^ .
- The number of fibroids: Doctors recommend a minimally invasive myomectomy to patients when there are less than five fibroids. If there are five or more fibroids, then multiple laparoscopic surgeries may be considered in a two-stage or three-stage procedure.
- Duration of Surgery: In general, doctors would prescribe laparoscopic surgery if the estimated time duration of the operation is less than 3 hours.
Laparoscopic Myomectomy Procedure
- The doctor administers general anesthesia to the patient.
- The surgeon will make four incisions in the lower abdomen, each approximately half an inch in length.
- The surgeon fills carbon dioxide inside the abdomen for better visuals.
- Then, they insert the laparoscope in one of the incisions and other tools in the other incisions.
- The doctor cuts the fibroids into smaller pieces and then remove them.
- Next, the doctor removes the instruments and release the carbon dioxide, then close the incisions.
What are the benefits of Laparoscopic Myomectomy?
A laparoscopic myomectomy offers several benefits when compared to a traditional myomectomy.
- Less blood loss
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less risk of infection
- Faster recovery
- Low risk of adhesions
- Less risk of complications
Compared to a hysterectomy, after a myomectomy, the patient can become pregnant in the future. A hysterectomy, however, is a permanent solution for recurring fibroids.
Factors affecting the cost of treatment in different states of India.
Laparoscopic Myomectomy cost in Hyderabad: A major technological hub of the country, Hyderabad is home to numerous top hospitals with excellent facilities and talented surgeons
Laparoscopic Myomectomy cost in Bangalore: Many experienced doctors and quality hospitals in Bangalore make it a popular choice for Laparoscopic Myomectomy
Laparoscopic Myomectomy cost in Mumbai: With world-famous doctors and advanced facilities, the prices may be slightly higher for Laparoscopic Myomectomy in Mumbai
Laparoscopic Myomectomy cost in Kerala: Having peaceful backwaters and firm foundation of Ayurveda, Kerala is a popular option for surgery and recovery at reasonable costs
I was 26 and had got married two years ago, with plans to have children. Heavy period flow and extreme pelvic pain tormented me, and my doctor diagnosed uterine fibroids. Hospals came to my rescue and connected me with a great doctor in Hyderabad. I flew in for a laparoscopic myomectomy, and a year later, I am now pregnant with my first child! All thanks to Hospals.
- Esther Adebayo, Nigeria
I am 35 and without a child. My doctors diagnosed me with four uterine fibroids. I reached out to Hospals and found an excellent hospital to have my laparoscopic myomectomy. There were no complications, and I am now pain-free.
- Maame Kwadwo, Ghana
My wife hid her pain from me for months before confiding about her long and painful menstrual periods. The doctors here advised a laparoscopic myomectomy, and we started searching for a suitable hospital. I found Hospals and through them, a great doctor in Delhi for the procedure.
- Rashid Khan, Saudi Arabia
For months I suspected fibroids but was pain-free, so I did not follow up. Until one day, the pain kicked in, and I could not ignore it any more. Through Hospals, I found a highly rated hospital and top doctor in India, all within my budget. I had a comfortable stay, smooth surgery and quick recovery. Thank you, Hospals.
- Samantha Anderson, New Zealand
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.