Open Heart Surgery Treatment in India
Open heart surgery cost in India
- Open heart surgery cost in India is around USD 5500, which varies depending upon various factors.
- There is a 90% open heart surgery success rate in India.
- Some of the experienced doctors for open heart surgery in India are Dr. Y K Mishra, Dr. Z S Meharwal, Dr. Naresh Trehan and Dr. B N Das. Some of the best hospitals are Manipal Hospital Dwarka, Fortis Escorts, Medanta Hospital and Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
- It is a three days procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost fifteen days in India.
When is open-heart surgery required ?
To treat and rectify several heart diseases, doctors usually suggest open-heart surgery. Among the various reasons, the most common is coronary artery disease. Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), also known as atherosclerotic heart disease, is the narrowing of the coronary arteries (caused by a buildup of plaque) – the blood vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to the heart muscle. Arteries of the heart are smooth and elastic, but plaque makes them stiff and narrow. The situation requires urgent open-heart surgery to put a cap on the situation from getting worse. The other reason can be a valvular disease where doctors recommend open-heart surgery.
- Severe tiredness
- Swelling in the hands and feet
- Nausea and weakness
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in arms or shoulders
- Chest pain
Doctors will perform a regular physical examination, ask about the medical history, and family history, which is followed by several tests which are as follows:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): ECG measures the rate and regularity of the heartbeat.
- Echocardiogram: This test uses special sound waves to create a picture of the heart to find out how well is the functioning of the heart and the condition of the valves.
- Stress test: This test tells the condition of the heart while doing any of the physical exercises like walking on the treadmill.
- X-ray: This creates the picture of the lung, heart, and other organs in the chest.
- Coronary Angiography: This test helps the doctor in finding the blockages that can cause a heart attack using dyes to study the flow of blood through the coronary arteries.
The open-heart surgery procedure
There are different types of open-heart surgery. The surgery can be minor where the defected valve or artery is changed, and it can also involve replacing the patient's heart with a donor's heart.
- Open heart surgery takes around three to five hours.
- It starts with giving anesthesia to the patient so that the patient does not feel any pain and becomes unconscious.
- Then doctors make a cut on the patient's chest for the access of the heart to proceed further.
- The incision is eight to ten inches long but depends on the type of surgery a patient undergoes.
- To move the blood away to perform open-heart surgery, doctors use a heart-lung bypass machine.
- The surgeon uses a healthy vein or artery to rectify the problem of blockage.
- The doctor closes the incision with stitches both internally and externally.
Factors affecting the open heart surgery cost in India
Open heart surgery cost in Chennai: Chennai is known for its medical facilities and has some of the highly qualified and veteran heart surgeons, which makes heart surgery a successful treatment option in India. Very reputed hospitals and healthcare facilities make Chennai the priority for open-heart surgery in India. Open heart surgery cost in Chennai is around USD 5000, which varies depending upon various factors like choice of hospital, medical team, condition of the patient, and type of surgery.
Open heart surgery cost in Delhi: Delhi is very famous for some of its reputed and well-equipped hospitals, which provide world-class facilities to patients from all over the world. Especially in the field of heart treatment, Delhi's medical services are unsurpassable. The success rate of open-heart surgery in Delhi is very high.
Open heart surgery cost in Mumbai: The tremendous growth of Mumbai in the field of medicine has made it possible for every disease to be treated successfully, and open-heart surgery is also one of those. In addition to world-class infrastructure, Mumbai has some of the best surgeons and doctors with years of experience.
Open heart surgery cost in Kerala: KIMS heart care is one of the best hospitals in Kerala, which provides heart treatment at a very affordable rate. Kerala medical and health facilities are improving every year as a result of giving more importance to the facilities. Kerala is also known for its doctors and professionalism in the medical field.
In 2018, I was fortunate enough to come across the website of Hospals while researching for open-heart surgery in India. I had to get an open heart surgery done for my son in India, which seemed like a very tiring task for me in a county I knew nothing about. I am thankful I had hospals by my side the entire time. The surgery was successful in Apollo Hospital, and every task from day to day we left was taken care of by Hospals.
- Rasid Ali, UAE
To all the people who are seeking professional medical help in India, Hospals is your one-stop destination. They connect patients from every corner of the world with the best hospitals and doctors in India. The services were top class, and the staff was very polite and helpful.
- Farah Khan, Oman
No platform other than hospals could have provided me the kind of support I was seeking for medical guidance in India. The charges against the services were phenomenal, and I was not disappointed with the services even for a bit.
- Adit Hossain, Bangladesh
It would have been difficult for me and my family to manage everything by ourselves in India if we didn't know about hospals and the services it provides. We were here for my wife’s open heart surgery and hospals took the entire baggage on its shoulders. We only had to follow hospals and trust them. Our trust was intact and we got the perfect medical guidance in India.
- Khin Aung, Myanmar
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.