Uterus Removal Treatment in India
Uterus Removal Surgery Cost In India
- The uterus removal surgery cost in India starts from USD 3500
- The success rate of a uterus removal surgery in India is than 90% in most cases
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, and Max Smart Hospital are the top hospitals in India for uterus removal surgery, and the best doctors in the field include Dr. Sunseta Singh, Dr. Preeti Rastogi, and Dr. Anuradha Kapur.
- The hospital stay after uterus removal is not more than 2-3 days. However, the patient may have to stay for 5-7 days in India for the whole procedure and initial recovery.
About Uterus Removal
The uterus is the secondary sex organ of the female reproductive system that is hormone responsive. The lining of the uterus is the source of menstrual blood. During the uterus removal surgery, the doctor removes the uterus through the vagina because of various reasons like family planning operation, uterus cancer, and so on.
Reasons for Uterus Removal
Following are the gynecological issues which require uterus removal:
- Presence of fibroids: Fibroids are small benign tumors in a uterus that may cause excessive bleeding, pain, and anemia. To remove these fibroids, a doctor performs uterus removal surgery.
- Endometriosis: Sometimes, the uterus lining starts to spread outside the uterus to the other parts of the female reproductive system. In such cases, doctors suggest a vaginal hysterectomy.
- Cancer: If the patient has any cancer or symptoms of cancer in the uterus or ovaries or any other related parts, doctors suggest a uterus removal surgery for precautionary purposes as well.
- Uterine prolapse: When the supporting tissues become too weak to hold the uterus in place, it may descend into the vagina. It causes multiple kinds of discomfort to the person, and a uterus removal surgery is the only cure.
- Adenomyosis: In some cases, the uterus lining may start growing into the uterus wall. This results in an enlarged uterus and heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Chronic pain or abnormal bleeding: Chronic pain or abnormal bleeding in Uterus for various reasons like pregnancy related factors, menopause, side effects of medication, cancer, etc. In these cases, uterus removal surgery may be the last resort.
Types of Hysterectomy
Based on the way a surgeon performs a uterus removal surgery or hysterectomy, it classified into three types:
- Vaginal hysterectomy: The surgeon removes the uterus through an internal incision made through the vagina. There are no visible scars as the incision is internal.
- Abdominal hysterectomy: Surgeons make large horizontal or vertical incisions in the abdomen for uterus removal. These incisions leave a scar later.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy: The surgeon inserts a laparoscope or a camera like structure in one of the incisions made in the abdomen. Instead of making one big incision, the surgeon makes three or four small incisions and can see the uterus during the surgery/removal. In this process, they may also cut the uterus into small pieces and remove them one by one.
- The surgeon makes an incision in the vagina or the abdomen to reach the uterus, depending on the type of hysterectomy.
- Then the surgeon clamps the blood vessels to detach the uterus from the other parts like ovaries and fallopian tube.
- After this, they remove the uterus through the opening/incision and use dissolvable stitches in case of bleeding.
Recovery after the surgery
- After the effects of anesthesia wear off, the patient is encouraged to walk as it reduces the chances of blood clot formation in the body.
- The patient might experience some discharge for a couple of weeks after the surgery.
- Some patients also experience pain for a couple of days after the surgery, so the doctors prescribe medicines accordingly.
- Depending on the type of uterus removal surgery the patient undergoes, it may take six to eight weeks to recover.
- During the recovery, the patient may not be able to engage in activities like bending, pushing and pulling of objects, lifting heavy objects, and sexual intercourse.
Factors affecting the cost of treatment in different states in India
Uterus Removal Surgery Cost In Chennai: It can be derived by the number of experienced doctors significantly increasing in Chennai.
Uterus Removal Surgery Cost In Kerala: Custom made packages for people visiting Kerala specially for this purpose are available in Kerala.
Uterus Removal Surgery Cost In Mumbai: Mumbai is home of some of the best hospitals and excellent doctors. Uterus removal surgery cost in Mumbai depends on various factors like hospital, fees of doctor, number of days in Hospital, etc.
Uterus Removal Surgery Cost In Delhi: Excellent growth in medical infrastructure and the presence of world-class doctors drive the cost.
With Hospals, we got the best package for my mother’s surgery. They delivered what they promised, and my mom was very satisfied with the quality of services we received after reaching India for the procedure.
- Maryam Usman, UAE
Dr. Suneeta Singh and Hospals were with us throughout the journey when my wife planned to get her hysterectomy done. It was a huge decision, but having the right people by your side eases out the pain and discomfort.
- Olivia Megnatila, Kuwait
Uterus removal surgery is an emotionally overwhelming experience, and all the paperwork, visa, hotel bookings, and other appointments become a burden then. We were lucky we had Hospals with us to take care of everything else.
- Aisha Begum , Bangladesh
My friend suggested Hospals to me, and even though I was initially apprehensive, I am glad now that I took her advice. They got me the best offer for my surgery and reduced so much of the financial burden this surgery could have been.
- Zehmad Raza, Saudi Arabia
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.