Varicose Veins Treatment in India
Varicose Veins Surgery Cost In India
- The all-inclusive package for varicose veins surgery cost in India starts from USD 3000
- The success rate of varicose veins surgery in India is higher than 90%.
- Medanta, Fortis Escort, and Max Hospital are among the top hospitals known for varicose veins surgery in India. The most renowned doctors in the field are Dr. Tapish Sahu, Dr. Suhail Naseem Bukhari, and Dr. Kamud Rai.
- While the surgery does not require a stay of more than 24 hours stay in the hospital, the total stay in India can be for a week to ensure recovery.
About varicose veins surgery
The presence of twisted, enlarged or swollen veins in some parts of the body, especially in the legs, is known as varicose veins. For most people, the problem of varicose veins may only be a cosmetic issue and does not require any treatment. However, in cases where these veins start creating extreme discomfort, pain or swelling it indicates a problem with blood circulation and requires treatment. A doctor will establish the treatment required by performing a thorough examination of the veins and may also suggest an ultrasound or coloured doppler to check for the presence of blood clots in veins^.
Factors that increase the risk of having varicose veins
Age: The risk of getting a varicose vein rises with an increase in the age of the person. It is because of the wear and tear of the valves of the veins with age.
Sex: Due to various hormonal factors, women are at a higher risk of developing varicose veins.
Pregnancy: During pregnancy, the weight of the body increases, which in turn increases the blood flow leading to increased pressure on the legs. Increased stress due to increased weight also increases the risk of getting a varicose vein.
Obesity: If a person is overweight, it adds to the pressure on the veins.
Family history: If a person's family members have varicose veins, the risk of the person having them too is higher.
Lifestyle: If someone's work profile involves standing or sitting down without a break for prolong duration, it puts unnecessary pressure on the legs and the veins, leading to poor blood circulation, which is the major cause of varicose veins.
Treatment of varicose veins
There are various ways to treat varicose veins, as in most cases, they do not require treatment via surgery. However, when it is causing too much trouble, the doctors may suggest the following procedures:
- Endoscopic vein surgery: The doctors only advise to go for this surgery in the most advanced cases after everything else fails. They insert a small camera and close the veins with the help of the video. After that, they remove the vein from the body through small incisions.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: The doctors remove the varicose veins in the body by making multiple tiny punctures/ slits in the skin. This procedure also reduces the scarring to a bare minimum during the surgery.
- Laser treatment: These days, doctors are frequently using the laser to treat varicose veins. This procedure doesn't need any incisions or scarring but instead destroys the vein through laser rays, which are nothing but powerful high energy^ beams of light.
- High and stripping of the vein: In this procedure, the doctors close the superficial varicose veins before they meet any other deeper vein in the body and then remove it entirely through minor incisions.
- Ligation and Stripping: Doctors make two incisions, one near the groin at the top of the vein and other in the ankle or the knee. Further, the doctor seals and ties up the top of the vein. Next, the doctor inserts a thin threaded flexible wire through the bottom of the vein and pulls it out, taking the vein along with it.
- Sclerotherapy: Doctor injects chemicals into small or medium-sized varicose vein to treat the condition. This might take more than once to treat the varicose vein completely.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Doctor inserts a catheter into the patient's vein under local anesthesia. The doctor threads a small laser through the catheter and positions it on the top of the vein. The laser delivers short energy bursts that heat the vein and seal it (with the help of ultrasound).
- Transilluminated Powered Phlebectomy: The doctor makes an incision under the skin, under local anesthesia, to thread a special light (endoscopic transilluminator) to see which vein to take out. The doctor cuts and removes the vein through a suction device.
Remedies for varicose veins:
No one can altogether avoid varicose veins. However, one may reduce the pain and discomfort caused by the veins by practicing the following :
- Do not stand in one position for long intervals without any break
- If advised by the doctor, wear compression stockings
- Tone muscles in the leg by doing exercises and moving legs regularly
- Lose weight if overweight. Losing weight reduces the pressure on the legs and simultaneously, the impact on the veins
- Avoid wearing tight clothes or high heels that increase the pressure on the legs
- Keep legs in an elevated position as much as possible, above the heart level
Factors affecting the cost of treatment in different states in India
Varicose Veins Surgery Cost In Hyderabad: Hospitals in Hyderabad offer the best quality when it comes to infrastructure for treatment of varicose veins.
Varicose Vein Surgery Cost In Chennai: Many hospitals in Chennai also offer laser treatment for varicose veins, and the cost is different for each hospital.
Varicose Veins Surgery Cost In Bangalore: Bangalore is the city of many reputed surgeons and world-class facilities for varicose veins surgery, which has also enabled patients to opt for laser surgery.
Varicose Veins Surgery Cost In Mumbai: Some of the best research institutes and hospitals in Mumbai have made it very affordable to get the treatment of varicose veins done with top-notch facilities.
Varicose Veins Surgery Cost In Kolkata: Kolkata offers personalized packages for patients every year who travel for varicose veins surgery to India.
Varicose Veins Surgery Cost In Delhi: Over the years, Delhi has developed state-of-the-art infrastructure and housed many experienced doctors in the field. Most of the top hospitals for varicose veins surgery in India are in Delhi, and laser treatment is readily available.
I developed the case of varicose veins during pregnancy, and it became severe after two years. I was very nervous about the surgery, but thanks to Hospals, I had a good and smooth experience in India . There was no trouble or unnecessary formalities.
- Stacey Ken, Kenya
My family members have had a long history of varicose veins, and we have all got our surgery done from India. However, Hospals has made it extremely easy to look for the best hospitals and get the surgery within affordable prices.
- Mia Ozman, United Arab Emirates
In case of varicose veins, it becomes difficult for the patient even to stand and do everyday tasks. My case was no different. This is why Hospals turned out to be a perfect decision because these people take care of every small detail of the travel and make the process easy for patients.
- Adil Khan, Oman
I knew I could never afford surgery for my varicose veins in my own country, and the people at Hospals made me realize that India is my best shot. They also offered the best package that covered everything.
- Miriam Ryan, Algeria
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?
Hospals will get India's best surgeons to give you a detailed treatment plan, and the best possible pricing.